"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels...but don't think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall



Monday, October 1, 2012

Vegan MOFO has begun!

Here we go.  It's the first day of the 2012 Vegan Month of Food.  I still am not quite sure what I will be making tonight for dinner.  But, in addition to celebrating the VeganMoFo, I am also quitting Diet Coke for a month starting today.  I don't know if I'll make it through the month without succumbing to the wiles of DC, but I will certain give it all I've got.  I want to know if it would make a great difference in my weight loss if I gave it up.  I have had several people say that it will indeed.  So, I'm giving Diet Coke the old heave ho.  I will do anything to feel better.  Of course, one reason I'm feeling fairly good today is I had corstisone shots in my knees last Thursday.  It takes a few days but now I'm walking quite well and feel good.  Hopefully, I can do some water aerobics this evening after a nice dinner.

Wow.  Feels like a lot of changes on the way.  Not really, but it seems like it.  Amy and I considered Potato and Leek Soup, because we have a bag of the vegetables in our fridge.  I suppose we could do that.  It's cool enough for soup, and I think it would be tasty.  I could stop by Food Lion and get a Pan Bigio bread loaf to go with it.  Maybe I can get Brian to start it before I come home.  I don't see why he couldn't do that.  We could add some beans for extra protein.  I think I might be the only person who doesn't worry about where we're going to get protein.  I think we eat quite a bit of protein, actually.

Update: I'm staying home this evening, but I definitely still feel good.  And the shepherd's pie we made really hit the spot.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck with breaking your Diet Coke challenge. I know it can be quite difficult as I've had to break similar habits. The first few days are the hardest. Once you fill the void it's not so bad. Happy first day of MoFo!

    ReplyDelete