"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels...but don't think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall



Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Request night

Last night, I thought I'd do something involving potatoes.  But Brian asked, "Can we have gado-gado?"  So, } steamed carrots and broccoli, roasted brussels sprouts and winter squash and boiled up some pasta shells.  Oh and made the sauce.  I'll post a link to a recipe later.  Or link back to an earlier post.  Gado-gado is a family favorite for us so I know I've written about it before now.
Some thoughts on the sauce:  coconut milk works best.  It's nice and creamy.  And diced onions add texture. 
Fortunately I made enough so I can have the leftovers for lunch one day this week.

Update:  leftovers are gone.  Brian had them for dinner last night!  That stuff is so good.  I should make two or three batches at a time, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment