"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels...but don't think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall



Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Bread

This recipe is from Forks Over Knives Cookbook, page 293.  The batter is, as the recipe says, stiff.  Made the kitchen smell marvelous.

Right now I'm baking the Super Moist Pumpkin Bread, this time WITH pumpkin and walnuts, though I still don't like coconut.  That will be three loaves of sweet bread.  But this stuff is just so good.  And I'm going to make crockpot pumpkin lasagne, but that is another post.

Update:  I am finally eating some of the Pumpkin Spice Bread.  It's a bit dry, and just a touch bland.  I would put some Earth Balance on it, but I want to cut down on calories. I will probably eat some more of it in the morning for breakfast, and I think I will toast it and put Earth Balance on it then.  Toasting seems to improve most breads, sweet or no.

No comments:

Post a Comment