"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels...but don't think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall



Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Three for all

For dinner tonight we're having chickpea salad sandwiches on pita bread.  The chickpea salad is pretty simple:  1 can of chickpeas is mashed in a bowl.  Add diced onion (a whole onion for us onion lovers) about a teaspoon full of dried dill weed and Nayonnaise vegan mayonnaise along with salt and pepper to taste (I used quite a bit of pepper; love me some black pepper).  Amy has been craving chickpea salad sandwiches for ages, so she should like tonight's dinner.

Canned beans and roasted broccoli complete the meal.  And it's just that simple.  Vegan food isn't always about making complicated, difficult recipes.  Sometimes, it's just some salad and some veggies, and that's it.

I do think I will make some vegan brownies this evening.  Craving them.

Update: I made those vegan brownies - yum, yum, yum!  The kids love 'em too.  Sometimes, chocolate simply hits the spot!

Update #2:  Now that I'm thinking of it, heating up the chickpeas before mashing them makes them softer, easier to work with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment