"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels...but don't think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall



Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pumpkin and White Bean Lasagna

For lunch today, I have prepared Pumpkin and White Bean Lasagna from The Vegan Slow Cooker by Kathy Hester.  She writes the recipes so that some of the work for them is done the night before cooking.  This one is like that.  Last night, I made the Pumpkin-Tofu ricotta filling for the lasagna.  It called for 3 sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated, buzzed in the food processor with the tofu and the pumpkin and various spices.  My food processor is too small, so I ended up buzzing the tofu and sun-dried tomatoes until smooth, then blending that with everything else by hand.  I stored the mixture in the fridge overnight, and this morning, made the lasagna in the crock pot.  I used Grandpa's Sauce Goes Vegetarian from Wegman's which tastes really good.  More later.

Later:  It's delicious.  However, the tofu-pumpkin ricotta is very mushy and I used firm tofu, so, I don't know.  Maybe I buzzed it too much in the food processor.  The taste, however, was out of this world!  The Italian Spices coupled with the onion and garlic powders really was spicy.  I used garlic powder instead of fresh garlic, which might be why it was so spicy.  But since I've become vegan, I like spicy foods quite a bit more than I used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment