"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels...but don't think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall



Saturday, October 6, 2012

Lentil Chili

Lentil Chili recipes is on pg. 6 of this pdf ,  This recipe is also in the Forks Over Knives Cookbook on page 128.

There's something inherently satisfying about chopping up lots of vegetables and putting them all in a pot and having Brian come in the kitchen and say, "That smells good!"  I have to sit down to do all my chopping, but still, it's chopping up fresh veggies, instead of using something out of a box.  And there's no oil in this recipe; you don't sauté the vegetables in oil, but in vegetable stock.  All of us could use cutting down on fat in this household (looks like I won't be making vegan brownies again anytime soon!  And no vegan ice cream for a while!) but I especially need to cook with whole foods and cut out fat and sugar.  Even as a vegan, I tend to eat a lot of junk.  I just hope this chili tastes as good as it smells.  And it smells delicious.  I'm slow cooking it on top of the stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment