"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels...but don't think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall



Monday, January 16, 2012

Here and there

Well, this weekend has been a very nice change of pace.  Four days off.  In a row.  It's times like this it pays to work for the feds.

Anyhow, I made chili again.  And this time, I forgot the corn.  It wasn't as good. :(  But still edible+.  I used a package of Hambeens Beans, without the flavor pack, and added some leftover baked beans, and the usual suspects (bell pepper, onion, garlic)  Brian said it was too spicy, which surprised me, because I put the same amount of chili powder in it that I did before, though I did add some cumin.  Maybe the cumin put it over the top for him.  Also, that 1/8 tsp cinnamon.  I think I may up that to ¼ tsp and see how that works.

This morning, The BEST Pumpkin Muffins from Vegan With A Vengeance.  I LOVE that cookbook.  It is already looking raggedy ass because of all the cooking I've done with it.  Oooh, and the pancakes - made those twice this weekend.  The first time (Friday) I left one of them in the skillet too long, but it still tasted pretty good.  Yesterday, they came out perfect.  Mmmmm.

Later today, I will be making hummus, as well as some bean burgers (leftover chili, you know).  I am finding that making up my own recipes is quite fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment