"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels...but don't think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall



Monday, January 30, 2012

Chili cook-off

Our church had our annual Chili Cook-off this weekend.  I made what can only be more correctly termed a stew, of cannelini beans, black beans, tomatoes, onions, yellow bell peppers, chili powder and a hint of cinnamon.  I really should have made it the night before (the actual meetup was after services Sunday morning.  This was a quick fix which I threw together just before we left, around 8:30 AM).  Even so, I was asked for the recipe and I found that flattering.  Additionally, even though I didn't win this year, our youth group won, to the tune of $175.00 towards their mission trip this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment