"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels...but don't think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall



Sunday, October 20, 2013

RIP Spicey

We bid farewell to our pet bunny, Spicey, this past Monday.  She had never been sick a day in her life, and she went downhill really quickly.  I can't say that I was close to her, because I really didn't pick her up very often, because she hated being picked up.  She loved Chris and Marcus most, because they were unlimited sources of craisins.  I did always say, Goodbye Pretty Girl when I went off to work in the morning, and I always enjoyed feeding time in the early mornings, because she would go so nuts over whatever food I gave her.  Sunday, she wasn't quite as crazy about the food as usual, but I was busy and didn't think much of it.  When I got up Monday morning, she was splayed out on the floor, and all the food from the previous day was still there..I picked her up, which she didn't protest, and put her on a heating pad, which seemed to help a little bit.  We tried to warm her up, and at one point, she made a loud "eep" sound.  We took her to the emergency vet, who told us they don't treat rabbits.  By the time we got her home, she was gone.  Alison came over later and buried her, with me in attendance.  It was low key, but I will always remember how pretty she was, and how spirited.

Goodbye, Pretty Girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment