"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels...but don't think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall



Sunday, October 27, 2013

Phyllo Pot Pie

I got my copy of Isa Does It a few days ago.  I've made one of the recipes already (the Meaty Beany Chili, which was featured on Post Punk Kitchen's Make It Vegan.  This is my first time cooking from Isa Does It, and, incidentally, the first time I've ever used phyllo dough in a recipe.  The only change I made was to substitute sparkling grape juice for the sherry.  Results? This tastes GREAT.  I think the next time I make this, I will use a double pie crust instead of the phyllo dough, because I like crust on my pot pie.  Otherwise, this turned out great!  It's going to lunch with me for the next two days (unless Amy sneaks into the kitchen and eats some of the leftovers).

No comments:

Post a Comment