"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels...but don't think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall



Monday, January 20, 2014

White Bean and Roasted Garlic Soup

Amy requested soup for dinner last night.  Of course, I acquiesced, and thus made White Bean and Roasted Garlic Soup from Vegan With A Vengeance.  It was a little thin, even with the beans and garlic pureed (using my wonderful  immersion blender Marcus gave me for my birthday), so we added frozen mixed vegetables.  I also made a couple of other changes - I only roasted one head of garlic and not two - I thought two was a bit excessive- and I put in a half teaspoon of white vinegar instead of the lemon juice. (I keep forgetting to buy lemon juice.  I'm not sure why.)  Anyhow, I'm not sure I will make it again, but if I do, I will try two heads of garlic for sure, and of course, the lemon juice. It was quite good.

To go with the soup, I made Irish Soda Bread  from Recipes For A Small Planet-well, a recipe for it, with white whole wheat flour, using molasses  instead of honey and soured soy milk instead of yogurt AND applesauce instead of an egg.  It was rather gooey and had to be spread in the pan, but Amy liked it.  I was pleasantly surprised, because Amy is not one for liking bread all that much. All in all, I would say it was a successful supper, and we will have the leftovers for lunch today!

No comments:

Post a Comment