"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels...but don't think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall



Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Vegan Mac and Cheez

Well, I had some leftover greens and wanted some ersatz comfort food.  SO... I made Mac & Shews .  Secret ingredient is sauerkraut.  I never thought I would find any use for that strange food item, but this smells delicious baking in the oven, and I invited Chris to come and partake.  Hopefully he will stop by.  Anyhow, give it a try.  I made the greens with the same recipe I used Sunday night, and I know they will be delicious.

The only negative I can think of, is, I need a much larger food processor.  Mine is tiny, and the cashews/broth/sauerkraut BARELY fit in my blender.  I don't think I got the sauce as smooth as I would like it to be.  But it did look creamy when I added it to the roux and stirred everything up.  Here's hoping!

Update:  It was nearly perfect!  I would have liked the sauce to be just a bit creamier, but even with the nutritional yeast, it tasted fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment