"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels...but don't think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall



Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Butternut Squash with Sage and Pasta

This is one that I found elsewhere earlier, but found here today:  http://southernfood.about.com/od/wintersquashrecipes/r/r91115a.htm

I don't remember where I originally found this recipe.  Omit the Parmesan or use vegan Parmesan, if you like that flavor.  I just leave it out.  Also, forget the butter and use Earth Balance.

We made this last night with corkscrew pasta, and had enough left over that the kids already have lunch today.  If you cook an entire box of pasta, I would suggest using a rather large squash, and a large onion.  I forgot to roast the onion with the squash - AGAIN.  For some reason, I have a mental block about this.  It is different with fresh sage, as opposed to dried, but even with dried sage, it is VERY good.  Make sure you are generous with the salt and pepper (sea salt works quite well).

No comments:

Post a Comment