"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels...but don't think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall



Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Spiritual Journey

At first, I thought being vegan was all about food. One morning I simply woke up, was writing in my handwritten journal, and it just hit me: I'm vegan. I had kind of seen it coming, I suppose. My father's poor eating habits had ruined his health to the point that I could see him going downhill really fast. And I didn't want to die that way. And it just hit me: this is the right way for me to eat.

It has only been in the last few weeks that I have come to realize - quite slowly - that there is a spiritual component to how I eat. There is a connection between what I choose to put in my mouth, chew up and swallow, and the aspect of life that we cannot see and feel, yet sense all around us. I am not sure how I feel, other than that there is a sense of peace I feel that I have not had at any other time in my memory. Who would have thought that such a seemingly small thing could reap such great change?

My faith is more meaningful to me, because I feel I am less of a hypocrite. I will have to explore this further.

No comments:

Post a Comment