"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels...but don't think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall



Monday, September 9, 2013

Banana Bread

I'm making the lower fat Banana Bread from Veganomicon.  Will update when it is out of the oven and cool enough to eat.

Oh, and incidentally, my son Brian who is away at college says he really misses my vegan cooking.  That felt good to hear that.  Of course, it was the weekend he was home that we pretty much went out all the time.

Update:  The bread was a bit dry.  We had to bake it about 10-15 minutes longer than the recipe said to, otherwise it would have been soggy in the middle.  I've found that most recipes for banana bread work that way.  But it is still pretty tasty.  Maybe it was dry because I cut off the end of the bread and ate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment