"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels...but don't think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall



Saturday, July 27, 2013

Vegetarian roots, vegan dreams

I'm trying to list all the different new recipes I want to try in the next couple of weeks.  Of course, I'll have to wait until payday to do real grocery shopping. (I might have most of the ingredients for the lasagna, I'm not sure.)

Classic Vegan Lasagne  PETA and I are not quite simpatico for a few reasons (can you say exploitation of women, and a few other things) but I do applaud their efforts to help people give up meat.  This recipe looks fabulous and I've just got to try it.

Chickpea and Rice Soup with a little Kale  This is a bit work intensive, but I've never known Isa Chandra Moskowitz and the PPK to disappoint.  Besides, I still have a truckload of chickpeas I need to use.

Red Lentil Thai Chili  This recipe looks like a winner, though I don't want to make it too hot. 

And some ratatouille... summer is a good time for ratatouille.

No comments:

Post a Comment