"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels...but don't think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall



Monday, July 23, 2012

some small fixes

Last night, I made the Leeks and Beans Cassoulet from Veganomicon again.  This time, I doubled the biscuit recipe.  Unfortunately, that was too much bread, instead of too little.  I think the best option would be to make 1½ times the biscuit recipe when I make this again, and see if that is enough.  The normal biscuit recipe isn't quite enough for all the stew it makes if you use two leeks (which is what the recipe calls for).  I did make sure I sautéed the carrots/onions/leeks/garlic for at least 10 minutes, which ensured that the carrots were tender.  This is definitely a favorite of our family.  Amy and Brian added vegan cheese and chili powder, which I don't exactly get, but hey, it's okay.  They are eating vegetables!

No comments:

Post a Comment