"Oh, I may be on the side of the angels...but don't think for one second that I am one of them." - Sherlock, The Reichenbach Fall



Monday, March 25, 2013

Small changes

It's amazing how a small change can make a big difference.

Take for instance, mashed potatoes.  Tonight, instead of using Earth Balance margarine/spread, I used olive oil.  MAJOR improvement.  I couldn't believe how sweet and creamy my mashed potatoes were.  Also, instead of boiling the potatoes the whole time, I brought them to a boil, then simmered them for a while.  Definitely better.

This idea of small changes making a big difference is true for medications as well.  I started taking synthroid about 2 weeks ago.  In no time at all, my mornings became jittery and anxious, and this morning it was so bad I had to go home.  The doctor is going to do some more blood tests, because it is definitely the synthroid, and I was on a low dose to start with.  In the meantime, I don't need to be jittery and nervous, so I'm not going to take it any more until I hear from the doc about the blood tests.  Hopefully, I will be able to take a lower dose, but if I can't take it, I can't take it.  And weight loss will go back to being agonizingly slow.

Sometimes, one just has to accept what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment